Every Friday we collect the recycling bags and we have improved a lot over the past two months. We recycle paper cardboard and hard plastic.
JAMES LYE & LEXI OROURKE
The Green School committee are working on our next Green Flag: Global Citizenship – Energy. More to follow.
Green School Committee
OUR GREEN SCHOOL POLICY
We were awarded our 6th Green Flag from An Taisce in April ’19 for keeping our school litter free and for recycling as much waste as possible. To that end we ask children to bring home all wrappers in an effort to reduce the volume of litter for disposal at school. We ask that children bring a reusable bottle for drinks and a small plastic lunchbox for sandwiches/rolls etc., and to avoid bringing tinfoil and clingfilm wrappers as much as possible. We also encourage children to recycle as much litter as possible both at school and at home.
Pupils on the Green School Committee put together the following tips to save energy.
- Close all doors and switch off all lights when leaving a room.
- Turn off all computers and televisions when not in use
- Close blinds and curtains at night to keep heat in rooms
- Use hot water bottles in bed instead of turning on an electric blanket.
- Put a jumper on instead of turning on a heater or lighting a fire
- Use a stairs instead of a lift.
- When boiling the kettle only use as much water as you need
- Fill dishwashers and washing machines before use